For any further questions please email us!
What are Yoni Eggs?
Firstly, let me clarify what a Yoni is. Yoni, in the Indian Sanskrit language, means “Sacred Temple” and refers to a woman’s vagina. In my humble opinion, this is a far more beautiful word to use compared to vagina, which literally means “sheath for a mans sword”.
A yoni egg is an egg-shaped stone or crystal used to insert inside the yoni to strengthen and tone the entire pelvic region - the pelvic floor muscles, the lower abdomen, the urogenital diaphragms and even the lower back.
It works as a weight resistance tool to use whilst doing your “Kegel exercises”, which are pelvic floor pulses or contractions all women should do, especially after childbirth. There is plenty of research now to suggest that it’s best to use a weight for doing your Kegels, rather than squeezing the walls of the vagina together with no weight resistance at all.
ABOUT OUR PLEASURE WANDS
Our line of pleasure wands are hand-crafted, phallic-shaped designs for women who want to transform their masturbation practice into a self-loving, self-pleasure practice, infused with crystal healing.
The pleasure wand is glassy & smooth in texture and illustrious & sleek in appearance. Made from pure, raw crystal from Mother Earth each wand is completely unique and holds a special vibration, which you will receive when using the crystal externally (body massaging) or internally (self pleasuring).
The pleasure wand is a great substitute for plastic, rubber, silicon or latex dildos or vibrators, which only desensitise our most intimate places. The wand is completely free of toxic BPAs and phthalates (unlike some plastic sex toys), which are known to play a factor in disrupting the endocrine system and may play a part in cancer and infertility.
The pleasure wand helps women connect deeper with their Yoni (Indian sanskrit for ‘Sacred Temple’), increase their sensitivity within and witness the vibration of crystal energy, rather than the physical vibrations.
Women who self pleasure with a crystal pleasure wand will begin to experience more health, sensation and sensitivity in their yoni. The wand doesn't “vibrate” like a typical sex toy. It does, however hold a special vibration which replenishes your intimate area with new energy, removing old, stale or stagnant energy.
Unlike most sex toys it wont desensitise the area with harsh, vigorous vibrations on your most sensitive, intimate areas. It’s a much smoother, gentler and conscious experience - albeit an item made out of something as hard and dense as crystal.
Using the pleasure wand will rejuvenate the area physically, sexually and spiritually.
4 STEPS ON HOW TO USE YOUR PLEASURE WAND
These following four steps can help inspire you how to use your pleasure wand:
1. Wash your wand under warm/hot water (not boiling hot) to remove any bacteria. You can also add some organic soap, apple cider vinegar or an essential oil like lavender oil, which will help clean the wand. Remember to clean your wand after each use and store in a safe, sacred space where no one else has access to it. Your alter is a nice place to store it!
2. Crystals hold and store energy, so regularly energetically cleanse your wand by placing under the full moon, or in the sunshine during the day, or rinse in salt water (the ocean is the best!). This cleanses the wand of any energy it has already accumulated and helps to reset it to a neutral vibration.
3. Set your intention into your wand before each use. Spend 30 seconds to a few minutes holding the wand to your heart (or any Chakra) and tune into an intention you would like to cultivate during your self pleasure practice. The intention can be as simple as slowing down, breathing, being present, sending more self-love into your being, connecting to your true desire, compassion, forgiveness, worthiness, abundance – whatever you are seeking – for yourself, your relationship, your partner, or someone who is in need of love, or healing support.
4. As for how to use your wand, basically use your imagination! If you need to use lubricant, I suggest having a jar of coconut oil beside the bed to make the sensation even more heightened. You can use the wand by gently and slowly inserting in and out of your vagina, as you would a regular dildo, but doing so with an affirmation or intention - i.e. breathing in love, exhale peace. You can also use the wand by holding it inside the Yoni and gently squeezing the pelvic floor muscles to increase blood flow and sensation. Another suggestion is to allow your yoni to invite the wand inside and allow the walls of your vagina to draw the wand deeper inside; this will greatly strengthen your yoni power, which will inevitably infuse into other parts of your life. A nice touch is to warm the wand up in the shower or bath with you and insert into the Yoni; the wand will naturally warm to your body temperature or to the water you rinse it under. It's also really nice for your partner to use the wand on you - this magnifies and amplifies its natural energy and the love/passion your partner has for you!
What are the benefits of using Yoni Eggs?
Yoni eggs have a plethora of benefits:
- Increases connection with the Yoni
- Increases sensation and revitalises nerve-endings in the vagina
- Improves overall life-force energy or “chi” in the body
- Boosts sexual energy levels and awakens the libido
- Helps train the vagina for childbirth and recover the muscles post-childbirth
- Increases wetness and lubrication
- Helps to prevent prolapse whereby the pelvic organs collapse into the vagina due to atrophy and non-use.
- Relieves incontinence (weak bladder/accidentally peeing)
- Balances hormones by increasing blood flow to the area, which contribute to youthfulness
- Heightens orgasmic potential and able to access a variety of orgasms
- Helps to stay grounded in body and brings awareness to the yoni, womb and entire pelvic band
- Improves overall health, happiness and wellness - physically and spiritually - as the yoni egg focuses on the place in the body with the most Chi (life force energy).
What is the history of the Yoni Egg?
Over 5000 years ago, the Ancient Chinese civilisation regarded the sexual organs as the centre of one's health. If this area of your body was active and healthy, your entire body was active and healthy.
The Chinese considered the Yoni to be the place from which one can channel their 'chi' (life force energy) to their higher Chakras (energy centres in the body) in the aim of enlightenment. The process was thought to transmute their sexual energy into higher spiritual energy thus allowing them to get closer to God and feel happier, healthier and full of vitality.
The Jade Egg practice is an ancient Taoist practice and dates back to Imperial China when it was kept a secret by the Empress in the Royal Palace. The Queen and her concubines practiced using the Jade Egg to strengthen the power of their vaginas not only to impress the King sexually, but also to heighten their spirituality and transform & transmute their Chi. This brought them more peace, health, youth and essentially helped them live for longer.
The Jade Egg practice was only taught to the most privileged women of the royal courts. So how lucky are we to have access to such ancient techniques and be able to do anytime, anywhere!?
Why do I need a yoni egg? Can’t I just do kegels?
Just like you lift weights at the gym to build your bicep muscles — similarly it’s recommended to use a weight inside the yoni if you’re wanting to strengthen this area. Why would you do your kegel exercises and not use a weight? The vagina is just like any other muscle in the body and just because it’s a sexual organ, doesn't mean we should deny it the opportunity to be strong, toned and healthy.
To build up the strength and sensations in the yoni, it’s important to use a weight for resistance. However, just as you can over-do it at the gym - you can also over-train your yoni.
What stone do I use?
The type of crystal you use is completely up to your personal choice. I suggest to be intuitively lead and let the crystal choose you.
Most highly trained facilitators and practitioners suggest using the Nephrite Jade Egg, as this is the highest quality on the market and is the traditional stone used by the women of Imperial China. Nephrite has a life time guarantee (if you drop it, real Nephrite shouldn't break!).
Jade has a very high vibration for healing and balancing and was coined “Semen of the Dragon” in China because of its incredibly powerful properties. Nephrite Jade is dense, non-porous, smooth and hard and strong (it’s actually harder than steel!).
If you're called to another crystal, for example Rose Quartz, read about the qualities of that crystal (i.e. love, compassion) and it might explain why you are drawn to is.
There is no "right or wrong", only what feels good for you.
If you are torn between which crystal egg to purchase, I sell a set of three with your choice of egg size and crystal, so you can mix and match. This set automatically comes with a medium jade, small obsidian and large rose quartz in a black silk lined box & velvet pouch.
What size do I use?
Yoni eggs come in a variety of sizes.
For beginners to the practice, I suggest starting with a medium sized egg. If you have experienced childbirth, then it might be worthwhile purchasing a set of three - that way you can start with the largest egg and work your way down to the smallest egg.
When deciding what size egg to use, I suggest these two options:
- When in doubt buy a medium sized egg - this will fit most women, and is a great all-rounder egg for beginners, intermediate or advanced practitioners.
- If you have had children, are menopausal or are not 100% what size to purchase, I recommend buying a set of three, that way you can explore the various sizes and what feels best inside your yoni. The set of three is great if you want to work up to using the smallest egg, which is harder to hold inside, or the largest egg, which is heaviest to hold inside. It gives you the options and variety to explore the sensations of all sizes, as they have very different effects.
When I first started using yoni eggs, I begun with the largest egg and would sometimes get very sore around my lower abdomen and UTI symptoms. This demonstrated that I was using an egg too big for my yoni. Now I use a medium egg and it feels much less intrusive and much more comfortable to work with.
Help, I can’t feel my egg!
Firstly, don’t worry! It’s completely normal to not feel anything at all in the beginning. It takes a while for the yoni to feel less numb and more alive.
Secondly, don’t give up! Try to use the egg at least every day (even for a few minutes) and gradually sensation will increase. Continue the practice daily or every second day and witness positions, movements or exercises in which you feel more sensation (yoga is a great time to wear your egg).
If you still don’t feel anything after a month of regular practice, then opt for a larger egg.
How do I care for my Yoni Egg?
There are four things to remember when caring for your egg:
1. When you receive your egg, I suggest washing it in warm water with organic, chemical free soap, vinegar or essential oil (something like lavender or tea tree). This will wash away any bacteria and sterilise the egg or wand. Be sure not to put the crystal under direct boiling hot water as this may force it to crack. Warm soapy water is fine to use in between uses.
2. Regularly energetically cleanse your egg or wand. Crystals absorb energy, so it’s important to neutralise the crystal by doing one or more of the following techniques:
- Leave over night under a full moon (even if it’s cloudy).
- Rinse or soak in salty water (ideally the ocean).
- Leave in salt crystals over night.
- Smudge with your sage stick.
- Leave in the sunshine (not too long or it might fade).
- Wrap in cotton and bury in the earth.
3. To maximise your use out of the crystal, set your intention into the stone each time before using it. Crystals are natural entities from the earth and can be programmed with a heart felt intention. Simply close your eyes, place your crystal in your hands or against your heart, and feel into an authentic intention that rises up for you. Then detach from that intention.
4. Keep in a safe place on your alter or in your bedroom. Ideally don't keep in the bathroom or anywhere where people can pick it up and touch it. This is your sacred stone, for no one else to touch.